FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems copy protecting my project

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adrianne williams
Problems copy protecting my project
on Jul 3, 2008 at 12:08:15 pm

I searched for this answer but haven´t really found anything, so I apologize if this topic has been covered many times before. I am creating a DVD for a festival event. I remember seeing either in DVD studio pro or idvd a checkbox to copy protect the DVD. However, now that I want use the option, I can´t remember where it was. WHat is the easiest way to do this using DVD-R disks? I prefer an option using FCP or idvd, but if I can only do it with DVD studio Pro, I will. I realize that if someone wants to rip my DVD, they will find a way, but I want to at least make it a little more difficult. Thank you very much in advance for your help!

-Adrianne

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Problems copy protecting my project
on Jul 3, 2008 at 4:34:07 pm

That copy protection button only sets flags to the final output image and used by a licensed replicator when applying CSS encryption. DVD-r/+r does not allow CSS to be applied.

Look on the bright side - if your film is so good (which im sure it is or hope it is) that everyone at the festival is making copies, then you'll have a multi-million $ distribution deal in no time :)

E

Return to posts index

Raymond Tuquero
on Jul 3, 2008 at 5:33:40 pm

It is a process to Burn CopyRighted DVDs.

I asked a duplicator in my area about my issue (same as yours) and this is what he told me:

All programs that state the button for CSS or Macrovision need to go through a process.

You would lay the program on a DLT (digital Linear Tape) and from that DLT a what a duplicator considers "a Glass Copy" of that will then be added to a Particular "DVD-9" with the Copy Protection.

So, without that hardware and know-how it isn't as easy as pressing a button on the software ... I hate that too ... and they don't state that in any of the manuals for any of the software. (DVD Studio or Adobe Encore) (and so on.. .)

The process if you still want it, will set you back about 150-200 bucks depending on the duplicator.

-Raymond Tuquero-
Houston Editor

Return to posts index

adrianne williams
on Jul 3, 2008 at 10:15:50 pm

Hmmm...well that´s a shame. I guess I will just have to make an incredibly attractive DVD case. :) Thank you so much for responding to my question. It really did help me out a lot. Maybe someday, FCP or DVD studio pro will have a button for this.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jul 4, 2008 at 5:45:32 am

Won't ever happen on current burners and burnable formats. There is a new technology from Sonic Solution. Called Q-Flix, it allows adding CSS encryption to burnable media. The catch is there needs to be special upgrades to burners and special writable media.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]