FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro and Motion Background Issue

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
Nick Guth
DVD Studio Pro and Motion Background Issue
on Jun 20, 2008 at 12:58:52 am

Here is my issue that I have been struggling with for the past 3-4 hours. My head is about to explode!

I am attempting to step outside my box of dvd knowledge and create a really sweet DVD for promotional use. Here is the problem:

I have created a menu in photoshop that is a simple logo in the upper right and also a graphical menu at the bottom. For instance, the bottom icon of a globe will be a link to a submenu that shows my website designs.

When clicked, the bottom menu does a sweet transition through z space, which I created in After Effects.

On top of ALL THIS neato stuff - I decided I must have a motion background for my menu's. This is where the problem exists. I can get everything imported correctly and matched up, transition works as I want it to, but when I click a button on the menu the background jumps to its first frame of video BEFORE playing the transition movie.

Here is a breakdown of the order of executions I am trying to accomplish:

1. Main menu animates on jumps to #2.
2. Main menu shows nav bar at the bottom and motion background plays/loops depending on how long the user takes to make a selection.
3. When the user makes the selection, the background freezes and uses a "fade" transition to the menu without a moving background which will jump to the After Effects video - the fade allows me to have my navigation bar move without a jarring jump.
4. The special inter-video plays and my menu does its motion into the next menu. Which will just be about the same, just different content.

If this is confusing please let me know. My problem lies in the execution of step 3 because the "main menu" resets to frame 1 before using the built in fade transition.

I know I've seen dvd's that transition from the current frame of a motion background - so I just need to figure that out! Please help! Thank you so much in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]