COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
juan yanguez
Layer 0 exceeds the maximum layer size allowed in DVD Studio Pro
on Jun 12, 2008 at 6:15:14 pm

Hi Guys,
I have problem burning a DVD.
I got this message:
"Formatting was not successful. Layer 0 exceeds the maximum layer size allowed. Please choose a suitable marker location that will support this condition."
I do not have idea what to do...
Can any of you help me please?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Keith Gray
Re: Layer 0 exceeds the maximum layer size allowed in DVD Studio Pro
on Feb 14, 2009 at 2:44:47 pm

It sounds like your burning a dual layer disc. When the dvd switches between the two layers it is called a layer break. The two layers on the disc are called 0 and 1 and layer" 0 " needs to be bigger than layer "1" . you need to tell dvdsp to automatically find the dual layer break point. Just go to "Build and Burn", then choose the disc to be dual layer then make the break point automatic. Put your dual layer disc in the machine and press build and burn.

Keith Gray

Return to posts index

Jose Galvan
on Dec 20, 2010 at 2:06:42 am

I have the same problem. I did what you suggested, and now "A suitable marker could not be found in the required layer break range. See the DVD Studio Pro User's Manual for more information." I did this last night as well but could not figure out what marker they are talking about or what part exactly. This is the first time I have ever used DVDSP, I normally just upload the to youtube after I export as quicktime. I am trying to burn a documentary that is about 147 minutes onto a Memorex dual layer DVD+R 8x 8.5GB 240min. Is it the DVD+R? My computer? The program? I honestly have ran out of options and do not know what to do. When it doesn't abort or say it was unsuccessful, it tells me about the markers or the italics, which is something I don't understand either? Could someone please help? I would appreciate it tremendously.

Return to posts index

Ilene Cutler
on Feb 8, 2013 at 7:21:52 pm

what happened next? Did you figure this out?

Return to posts index

Brian Albers
on Dec 19, 2013 at 3:54:07 am

Hi Keith.

Thanks for this. I ran into the same problem, and the info in your post led me to the solution. Just wanted to clarify one thing, though-

The first button to hit is Build/Format (not Build & Burn as you stated*), and that pops up a small window. In that window, click the Disc/Volume tab, where you'll find that the single layer dvd is the default setting, and you just need to change that over to dual layer. All the other settings in that window can remain in their default position (unless you really want to customize it, and you know what you're doing). Then, make sure you have a blank dual layer dvd in your burner drive, hit the Build & Burn button at the bottom of that window, and you're off and running.

*I'm running DVDSP 4.2.2, dunno if it's called something else if you're using a different version than me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]