FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export settings fo iDVD, Please!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katrina Mann
Export settings fo iDVD, Please!
on Jun 10, 2008 at 5:09:26 am

Greetings,

Can someone tell me how to export from fcp for iDVD to make a movie that will play on both 16:9 and 4:3 TVs?

It's P2 footage - 1920 x 1080; ProRess 422 (HQ) codec, 24p

I just need the proper dimensions, and whether I should use QuickTime Conversion or just Quicktime movie. Do I preserve aspect ratio? Go from an anamorphic sequence? I only have a 16:9 TV to test on and need something to work on both, for tomorrow.

Thank you for any help,
Katrina

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Export settings fo iDVD, Please!
on Jun 10, 2008 at 4:20:41 pm

[Katrina Mann] "Greetings,

Can someone tell me how to export from fcp for iDVD to make a movie that will play on both 16:9 and 4:3 TVs?

It's P2 footage - 1920 x 1080; ProRess 422 (HQ) codec, 24p

I just need the proper dimensions, and whether I should use QuickTime Conversion or just Quicktime movie. Do I preserve aspect ratio? Go from an anamorphic sequence? I only have a 16:9 TV to test on and need something to work on both, for tomorrow.

Thank you for any help,
Katrina"

Um it's time to get DVD Studio Pro- you cannot make anamorphic DVDs with iDVD.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Katrina Mann
on Jun 10, 2008 at 4:53:20 pm

Ok thanks, I've been putting it off.

One other question:

If record from straight from fcp to a DVD recorder, via our AJA card, that output will just be 16:9, right? What you see is what you get? Or is there a sequence setting that will somehow make it letterboxed on 4:3?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 11, 2008 at 5:18:40 am

That would depend on the recorder- I kinda doubt there are any consumer ones that would make a 16:9 anamorphic disc though. DVDSP is not that tricky- spend a little time with the manual.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]