FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to rip a PAL dvd and keep english subtitles in footage before converting to NTSC for burning

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Donnelly
Need to rip a PAL dvd and keep english subtitles in footage before converting to NTSC for burning
on Jun 9, 2008 at 9:22:37 pm

Here it is. I am working off of a mac and have been told several things about programs available on PC for what i need to do. I have a PAL dvd that i need to rip and convert to NTSC, which i have no problem doing using mac the ripper and then simply dropping the Vob's into MPEG streamclip and converting to 29.97. The problem is that i need to bring the subtitles into the video that exist as a playable option in the dvd. I have been told that MPEG streamclip does not support subtitles. I have played the video in VLC player and i can get the subtitles to appear in there, but the problem is that VLC is only a player not a medium for conforming to another standard or what not to make the subtitles appear on the video...

Can anyone explain to me how i could have the subtitles come in with the video so it is playable in my finished video conversion????

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]