FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD 'de-construction.'

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Doggett
DVD 'de-construction.'
on May 29, 2008 at 3:31:22 pm

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows the most effective means of breaking down a disc into it's constituent parts... namely Vob files, subtitles and menus/PSDs...?

I know that I'll then have to get the VOB files back into something that Adobe Encore will recognise.

I think I can get past the CSS protection (frustrating, because we authored the disc 2 years ago and the protection was put on when it was mass produced!) but if anyone knows of the best software to deconstruct a disc, that would be great... the ultimate aim of all this is pretty much to change one flipping menu for the client! LOL

Return to posts index

Lucas Fazzary
Re: DVD 'de-construction.'
on May 29, 2008 at 4:39:49 pm

If you are working on a PC try DVDremake Pro. You can swap out the menu graphic within there. If you are on a MAc try DVDAfterEdit. Both would be your easiest ways of just swapping out a menu graphic. If you have other changes, check over to DVD-Logic.com. He has some great tools for demuxing. Of course if you choose to Demux the entire DVD be prepared to reprogram from scratch in Encore.

Also removal of CSS is illegal, even if you are the content owner. Just an FYI.

-luke

Return to posts index

James Doggett
on May 29, 2008 at 5:20:29 pm

Thanks....

We may have already found a work around....

And thanks for the FYI! I actually didn't know that... :-(

J

Return to posts index

Brandon Donnelly
on Jun 23, 2008 at 4:17:41 pm

You say you found a workaround other then the other guys post, can you specify what the woraround is because i am having the same issue as you doing a similar job and most importantly i ned to have the subtitles extracted so when i reauthor the dvd's i can make the different subtitles optional and i have no idea how to get them out of the VOB files or ifo's of a DVD, I am a bit lost as how to get the subs usable for DVD studio pro. Your help would be extremely appreciated

Return to posts index

James Doggett
on Jun 23, 2008 at 4:33:55 pm

Hiya

In the end I used sub rip..

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Subrip

It gives you the option of opening a VOB and extracting the subtitles as BMP... plus it lets you choose a relevant format, i.e Sonic DVD, Scenarist, Phillips VCD etc... Once ripped, you saved a text file as well and then it's just like importing them as new.

Plus, I used TMPGEnc to make the VOB files apppear as MPEG 2 files again.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

James

Return to posts index

Brandon Donnelly
on Jun 24, 2008 at 6:23:22 pm

I keep hearing subrip is good, but i am on a MAC and it does not work for MAC's. If anyone knows of a program for the subtitle extraction that i explained in my last post on this thread can you give me a pointer. Remember it must be a MAC application

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]