FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Encoded with Encore CS3 for Plasma TV

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Warren Buchalter
DVD Encoded with Encore CS3 for Plasma TV
on May 24, 2008 at 1:18:48 pm

I made a graduation DVD of my daughter using Adobe Encore CS3. The source video is a standard interlaced miniDV camcorder. The video looks terrible on my plasma TV. The white graduation gown highlights are blown and there is a shimmer around the edges (particularly the white hat). Any suggestion on how to get the miniDV video to look good on a plasma TV?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVD Encoded with Encore CS3 for Plasma TV
on May 25, 2008 at 5:51:49 pm

[Warren Buchalter] "I made a graduation DVD of my daughter using Adobe Encore CS3. The source video is a standard interlaced miniDV camcorder. The video looks terrible on my plasma TV. The white graduation gown highlights are blown and there is a shimmer around the edges (particularly the white hat). Any suggestion on how to get the miniDV video to look good on a plasma TV?"

Prayer.... It's simple mathematics. Interlaced consumer video camera shooting DV 5:1 compressed NTSC standard definition video, encoded to highly compressed MPEG-2 format and then upconverted and scaled by a plasma display optimized for progressive HD at 1080p. You want good material for a plasma- it's time to at least get an HVX200 or EX1 and shoot HD. This video should look fine on a SD TV by the way, just don't expect miracles.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Warren Buchalter
on May 25, 2008 at 6:32:20 pm

Thanks for the reply Noah. I'm not looking for a miracle just some advice on what software encoder would work the best with what settings that would give me better video on my 1080i plasma. Would deinterlacing the footage help? Transcode in another program other than Encore?

Or is it no worth the effort as the end result will not be appreciably better when view on the 1080i plasma?

Thanks,

Warren

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 25, 2008 at 9:19:51 pm

Um the latter.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]