FORUMS: list search recent posts

speed up dvd creation

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris mcghee
speed up dvd creation
on May 18, 2008 at 7:02:19 pm

how come it takes so long to create a dvd? Right now I am averaging around 10 hours to full creation. I have used ulead dvd studio and nero 7 and 8 and it seems about the same. how can I speed things up a bit?

Return to posts index

George Wing
Re: speed up dvd creation
on May 18, 2008 at 8:53:37 pm

To offer any advice would require some more info on your part. Some things that would be useful (but not limited to) :

1) what is your source format
2) how do you capture (what format captured to)
3) what is the duration of your finished/edited video
4) what type of edits do you do (straight cuts, complex overlays, heavy titling, etc...)
5) how is the time allocated (5 hours to edit, 3 hours to convert, 2 hours to burn) -- I am just making those times up. But if you can list your workflow and appox. times for each stage, perhaps it might be easy to identify some things that can be improved upon
6) do you render "multiple" times during the editing stage (or only on final render before authoring to dvd
7) what equipment do you have (PC configuration, burner make/model, etc...)

The more details you can provide regarding that 10 hours, the better off folks are to offering some hints/guidelines that might reduce that time...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

chris mcghee
on May 18, 2008 at 11:11:46 pm

what i do is pretty much simplistic stuff. I have video that I shoot with my camcorder and I want to send it to a friend on a dvd. I dont really do any editing I just upload the vid into the system and then import it into the dvd creation software. Im not using any complex programs to do anything fancy with just the generic 2d menus. I have downloaded some vids of the net that are in everything from mpeg to real to qtime format and the result is the same. it just takes forever to produce the finished disk. I am running a 2.4 celeron cpu with 2.25 gig of ram and a 40gig hard drive. I have used ulead, nero, and adobe dvd authoring software. any suggestions on how to speed things up. having the pc down for 10 or more hours doesn't leave me with much more time to do anything.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 18, 2008 at 9:56:55 pm

Get an intern?

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Jun 10, 2008 at 9:35:19 am

Why not just get a standalone burner? You're not doing any authoring... makes sense to me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]