FORUMS: list search recent posts

I'm Going Crazysee Ripping, and Ripping & Ripping

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henry Panniell
I'm Going Crazysee Ripping, and Ripping & Ripping
on May 11, 2008 at 2:19:10 am

I created a DVD in Encore for a customer and a chapter error slipped pass me. I deleted the video files and DVD info from the computer and have a master backup of the DVD. So I decided to ripp the info from the DVD and rebuild it in Encore, since everyone said we can not protect our work on DVD I thought this should be simpple enough. . . . well not for me. I have been downloading various DVD Ripping / Converting software and none seem to work right. On most the audio is way to loud with no way to adjust it, or the audio have a cracking sound like spikes. The rest just produce an audio file and not a video file (avi is my target file format . . I'll settle for anything that will work in Adobe Pre) Is there a good software that will do what I'm trying to do, thus far I have tried "DVDDumper, Aimer-dvd-ripper, Avex-dvd-ripper;dvdpepro;Freez DVD Ripper; UltimateDVDConv; videoconverter; and the rest I just uninstalled so quickly, they are history.

Whats the best setting ?? Audio seems to alway come up "???AC3 2ch", Resolution:720x489, - 29.97 fram rate; Bit Rate is flexable 1500 or lower, Audio Sample Rate 44100 Hz; MP3/PCM; Bit Rate 128kbps; Even with these setting the audio is extremly lound, which is a major problem with most of them, not audio controll. Any suggestion, of course the customer is waiting too.
Thanks - Hap

Return to posts index

George Wing
Re: I'm Going Crazysee Ripping, and Ripping & Ripping
on May 11, 2008 at 2:36:27 am

[Henry Panniell] "a chapter error slipped pass me"

What type of Chapter Error -- perhaps it can be fixed (instead of demuxing and re-authoring).

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Henry Panniell
on May 11, 2008 at 2:57:54 am

Hi,
Somehow I set the end action of Chapter 1 to return to the defualt menu. So when chapter 1 ends it goes to the main menu.

Thanks - Hap

Return to posts index

George Wing
on May 11, 2008 at 3:13:28 am

First, make sure you have a backup of the DVD so you have something to go back to in case things don't go as planned...

Open it up in PGCedit (utility that allows you to modify your DVD). Double-click what looks like the Video Title (in the left hand column). You should see a popup window with what appears to be the chapter marks for the Title. Under the CELL CMD # -- change the first box with a "1" to "0"

Save it and Burn that to disc to test in a DVD Player.

NOTE:
remove any PGCedit backup folders before burning (the program makes some backup folders by default, you can turn that off if you want).

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Henry Panniell
on May 11, 2008 at 3:20:07 am

Thanks, I'm going to attemp it now.

Return to posts index

Henry Panniell
on May 11, 2008 at 12:55:47 pm

I think I'm on the right track, trying to Burn DVD in PgcEdit and "Output ISO" I selected a folder and name, Volume Label is empty, and when I attemp to type in that field I get an error " Output ISO extension not valid"

Return to posts index

George Wing
on May 11, 2008 at 1:09:33 pm

You can just save your changes (icon on the top with the disc in the folder -- 2nd to the left).

Then use Encore to burn from DVD Volume.

Try playing it back using PowerDVD or WinDVD (from the VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive). See if the change worked before burning.

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Henry Panniell
on May 11, 2008 at 2:47:35 pm

I tried to save to the folder, I get an error: "Error 1 opening file for write couldn't open E/Video_TS/Video_TS.IFO" permission denied

I 'm going to make another backup copy of this disc and try again. ? ?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

George Wing
on May 11, 2008 at 3:23:07 pm

Is "E" your DVD Drive (if so, you won't be able to write to it).

Make a folder on your hard drive, and copy the VIDEO_TS folder from your "master disc" to your hard drive folder.

Then use PGCedit to open up the VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive (not from the disc). Make the changes and save them.

Then burn the DVD Folder from your hard drive to disc. I believe Encore will let you burn from a DVD Volume on your hard drive.

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Henry Panniell
on May 11, 2008 at 3:40:20 pm

Makes sense to me :-) . . . of course I knew that, just checking to see if you are as sharp as they say you are lol . lol. lol . . Thanks again . . must take mother out for now

Return to posts index

Henry Panniell
on May 12, 2008 at 2:33:32 am

I had fix the one problem but it did it again on chapter 5 so I made changes and try to burn an image, but I am getting the following error: "DVD size too big to fit on a DVD-D. Please remove some material or shrink the DVD." At the bottom it states: "Error in burn setup: ImgBun exe path not valid!" I deleted the backup folder. and I tried to use a different folder. Any suggestions ? ?

Thanks - Hap

Return to posts index

Henry Panniell
on May 12, 2008 at 3:28:41 am

Solved problem, with a work around, build everything in new folder etc.

Return to posts index

Henry Panniell
on May 12, 2008 at 5:55:32 am

Thanks again George, I have everything up and running, and much thankss to you giving of your time and your expertise.

Hap

Return to posts index

George Wing
on May 12, 2008 at 11:15:34 am

Glad I could help, and that it is working now :)

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]