FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro Menu Still Image Quality Help

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric san pablo
DVD Studio Pro Menu Still Image Quality Help
on May 3, 2008 at 9:17:53 pm

Hi, I am trying to import photographs into DVD studio pro... only every time I look at the final output the picture quality is not up to par (blurry, sometimes noticeable pixelation).

The problem, I think, is that my original photo is about 3000 pixels by 2000. In order to get that into 720x480 required for 4:3 dv, I have to downscale it tremendously. I have tried changing size via photoshop (using bicubic sharper from image size), using genuine fractals, and using graphic converter (lamcoz). I have tried sharpening before, after, I have tried anti-aliasing. My final step for each was dragging it into a photoshop ntsc dv canvas and then exporting to tiff uncompressed.

I am thinking that if I could sort this out, once I drag that it into dvd studio pro, it'll be fine. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVD Studio Pro Menu Still Image Quality Help
on May 4, 2008 at 11:42:22 am

I always let Photoshop do the downconvertions. DVD is 720x480 (I also set the dpi to 72).

I use a crop to size so I set the crop tool to 720x536 (this is make it correct for non-square pixels that video uses. Then I resize the image to 720x480 (this will look wrong in photoshop but once on a DVD it will look correct on playback.

I prefer saving as tiffs also, and always set to uncompressed.

Simple process and the second step can be recorded as an action so you can fly through a batch of photos.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]