FORUMS: list search recent posts

eDVD 4 or other software for data on DVD-R

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
eDVD 4 or other software for data on DVD-R
on May 1, 2008 at 5:18:44 pm

I have used Sonic eDVD4 (for three projects) to put PDF files on a video DVD, so that a user can see the regular DVD content via a DVD set-top player, but also find the PDF and other files if he puts the DVD into a computer.

Is this software still available for sale? I can't seem to find it on Sonic's site.

Is there some other software which does the same thing?

If the software is no longer sold or supported, is there some good reason for that, which should make me avoid recommending it?

My clients have had no complaints about the DVDs I've authored with the added content, but I understand that the InterActual player is required, and wonder whether that has something to do with acceptance of these disks.

Bob C

MacPro 2 x 3GHz dualcore; 10 GB 667MHz
Kona LHe
Sony HDV Z1
Sony HDV M25U
HD-Connect MI
Betacam UVW1800
DVCPro AJ-D650

Return to posts index

Eric Pautsch
Re: eDVD 4 or other software for data on DVD-R
on May 1, 2008 at 6:53:48 pm

eDVD is no longer supported. In fact I don't think there is any supported software that does this kind of work. You could try Intellidisc but not sure of it's current status. There is DVDAccess for the Mac but do a search on that and you'll find loads of problems.

http://www.intellidisc.com/

DVD and the web were never meant to go together. It always required some kind of third party software...like Interactual Player - which is now supported by Vista. Since so many variables exist studios abandoned it several years ago due to all the player issues. In fact I flat out refuse the work if someone asks - to many unhappy clients even after I explained the compatibility problems.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: eDVD 4 or other software for data on DVD-R
on May 1, 2008 at 10:35:16 pm

I think most people just handle it by creating a static page with info and weblinks just listed on it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]