FORUMS: list search recent posts

batch subtitle control?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Potter
batch subtitle control?
on Apr 23, 2008 at 4:26:36 pm

Hi all -

I know that in DVD SP it is not possible to move multiple subtitles at one time, but is there any way to do this in general?

I want to subtitle a project for which the opening titles are not finished, so I don't know the exact timecode location for the subtitles in terms of the entire project. I do, however, know where the subtitles should go relative to each other and the individual scenes in the movie, so I'd like to set them up and then be able to move them, all together, a few seconds in either direction, as opposed to moving each individual subtitle or re-entering timecodes for each subtitle on a spreadsheet / text file. Is that possible, or do I need to wait until the movie, with titles, is absolutely locked?

thanks
Rich

Return to posts index

Max Kovalsky
Re: batch subtitle control?
on Apr 25, 2008 at 8:35:00 pm

You'd have to do your subtitling outside of the authoring app. I know many subtitling shops use FAB, which can easily offset the starting time-code once titles are finished.

Max
--
Blu-ray author/producer
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

Richard Potter
on Apr 28, 2008 at 1:37:23 am

Thanks, Max. Fro what I can tell, FAB is Windows only. Is there a good subtitler for Mac machines that will do this?

Rich

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Apr 28, 2008 at 12:57:18 pm

there is always my subtitler:
http://www.videotoolshed.com/?page=products&pID=12

you need the Recut function to move the titles.
BUT, it's not that obvious how it works, and it contains a turkey (that i will work out this week!)
how to work it in the current version:
Sort the list, go to a specific title, choose recut and enter a positive or negative TC. All HIGHER titles get shifted.

I want to change this a bit, so you can shift all titles to a specific point (probably the CTI).

BUT, i strongly reccomend to work on the final piece, as it will save a huge amount of time in the end.

Bouke

http://www.videoToolShed.com
smart tools for video pro's

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]