FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD DVD highlighted button glitch in DVD Studio Pro?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Noel Gomez
HD DVD highlighted button glitch in DVD Studio Pro?
on Apr 17, 2008 at 2:58:33 am

Hi all,

I recently got a client who wanted output to HD DVD using a dual layer DVD-R, this is the first time I'm working on this type of output. I'm using DVD Studio just to be clear.

I've created the DVD, everything is working fine except for the DVD menu page. I just created buttons with text and checked the "include text in highlight" option so that when you select a button it simply highlights the button you've selected.
The weird thing is that the highlight is appearing in a different place to where the button is, so you select the button, and it gets highlighted, but the highlight is appearing at the right side of the selected button.

I've never experienced this problem before, and I'm wondering if anyone has went through a similar problem using DVD Studio Pro.
Any advice as to how I can fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dennis

Dennis Noel Gomez
In house video Editor
FourLeafFilms

Return to posts index

Eric Pautsch
Re: HD DVD highlighted button glitch in DVD Studio Pro?
on Apr 17, 2008 at 6:15:05 am

Try creating your own menus in a graphics program like Photoshop and see if that helps. Lots of bugs in DVDSPs HD DVD authoring tool. Also which player are you using? Do you have the most recent firmware updates?

Return to posts index

Dennis Noel Gomez
on Apr 17, 2008 at 6:45:14 am

Eric: my Apple DVD player is version 4.6.5, also I couldn't test the photoshop menu thing because I honestly have never made a layered menu using photoshop in DVD SP.

I saw a site that was talking about some of the newer updates to DVD SP, in the HD section, there was this paragraph saying:

"some HD DVD Players incorrectly position button highlights when they are placed over 720p or 1440i backgrounds. Button highlights placed over 480i, 480p and 1080i backgrounds are correctly positioned."

I'm working with 1440 x 1080i footage, and my exported projects are also 1440 x 1080, with the new info I got I set DVD SPs track and menu resolution to 1920 x 1080. Aside from that I replaced the .jpg file I was using as a background from a 1440 x 1080i file to a 1920 x 1080. This seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help,
Dennis

Dennis Noel Gomez
In house video Editor
FourLeafFilms

Return to posts index

Eric Pautsch
on Apr 17, 2008 at 7:19:13 am

Thanks for that update. I was having a similar problem some months back on another HD DVD tool using 720p streams. I now know it was a player issue. Thanks!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Apr 17, 2008 at 7:20:07 am

Thanks for that update. I was having a similar problem some months back on another HD DVD tool using 720p streams. I now know it was a player issue. Thanks!

Could you provide that link?

Return to posts index

Dennis Noel Gomez
on Apr 17, 2008 at 7:28:03 am

http://www.apple.com/support/releasenotes/en/DVD_Studio_Pro_4.2_rn/

It was just the release notes page from Apple for DVD Studio Pro.

Dennis Noel Gomez
In house video Editor
FourLeafFilms

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]