FORUMS: list search recent posts

JPEG files in a DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Glenn
JPEG files in a DVD
on Apr 3, 2008 at 11:05:27 pm

I have been working on a project to combine a series of Jpegs, which were exported from Powerpoint, into a video such that I can align the transitions from Jpeg to Jpeg in time with an audio file. The Jpegs all have bi-lingual text on them--translating the audio into English. I have used Powerpoint so that I can customize the background behind the text.

Everytime that I convert these video files into a DVD, the text turns fuzzy. It seems as though there is a slight variation in the frames that makes the text look considerably worse than when viewed in a single Jpeg. I have tried this in Adobe Premier Pro on windows as well as IMovie HD/IDVD on the Mac and received the same poor result. I have also tried very high quality Jpegs as well as Photoshop files directly--all with the same fuzzy looking text.

Any words of advice? Would software such as Final Cut Express allow for direct entry of text, background customization and transitions that align with audio??

Many Thanks,
Jeff

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: JPEG files in a DVD
on Apr 4, 2008 at 6:55:06 am

I'd redo the text in an editing program. Powerpoint is not optimized for video output.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]