FORUMS: list search recent posts

blu-ray authoring hardware

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rafal Pyszka
blu-ray authoring hardware
on Mar 31, 2008 at 12:42:11 pm

Hello everyone. I'm need some help with find optimal solution with hardware configuration. Our corporation need a best solution for blu-ray authoring. What pc configuration and which vtr are the best for this? I think about Sony HDWM2000/20 VTR or HDCAM SR SRW5500, SONY BAE-VM770 ENCODING CARD. Encoding software is SONY BAE-VA700. Authoring software is SONY BLU-PRINT. Capture card is DECKLINK MULTIBRIDGE ECLIPSE. I know that we need a storage and DLT. Please help. Thanks a lot. Greetings.

Return to posts index

Eric Pautsch
Re: blu-ray authoring hardware
on Mar 31, 2008 at 6:16:30 pm

The 2000 is nice to work with but it depends on how your clients plan to deliver assets. Also ask Sony about the best set up to use with BP. Also no need for a DLT these days.

Don't know your situation but have you added up all those figures? Your looking at about a $250,000 at this point.

Return to posts index

Rafal Pyszka
on Apr 1, 2008 at 7:47:39 am

We're looking for optimal solution for studio. I know that's very expensive. Can You give a piece of advice me which hardware we must buy to create, author, deliver movies on blu-ray?

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Apr 1, 2008 at 1:20:50 pm

Check with the replicator you will be using on the preferred media for delivery of authored projects. The ones I've talked to suggest sending portable drives.

Dave

Dave Friend
Co-Host Discrete Edit*ors COW

Return to posts index

Eric Pautsch
on Apr 1, 2008 at 5:24:13 pm

I believe you have good list of equipment there. Don't forget to have plenty of storage. I'd say greater than 4T depending on how many project you work on at a time. You'll need a good HD monitor as well. Check with Sony, but I think their encoder is hardware based. Here are the specs from Sonic

http://www.sonic.com/products/Professional/SonyAVCEncoder/system.aspx

I'd go for Cinevision if you have budget.

Also think about Sony's spec verification software. Sony should be the people you need to be talking with. Their support is wonderful and they'll give you the details on the right equipment.

E

Return to posts index

Rafal Pyszka
on Apr 2, 2008 at 8:19:56 am

Hi. Thanks for your reply. We want to buy 8 TB FUSION or Caldigit HDpro 6 gb. Is that choice correct? We have hd monitors. In specification SONY AVC needs four pc. Can you tell my why please?

Return to posts index

Eric Pautsch
on Apr 2, 2008 at 4:02:58 pm

You'll have to contact Sony about that.

Return to posts index

Jeff Williams
on Apr 4, 2008 at 2:18:51 am

Sony's AVC encoder uses network distributed encoding. The more PCs on the network, the faster the encode.

Blu-ray Authoring/Compression

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]