FORUMS: list search recent posts

Low end DVD authoring software

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benn Gunn
Low end DVD authoring software
on Mar 25, 2008 at 11:47:27 am

I've been asked to supply some of the non-technical staff at my workplace with the capability to produce very basic DVD's on their desktop PC's. So I'm looking for a PC version of Studio Pro really...something user friendly, affordable, and that wont take much to explain to those without the understanding.

The users will be supplied with mpeg2 assets but will need to crop start and ends of clips. Also, the ability to create very basic menus in the authoring software (as you can in Studio Pro) would be ideal.

Any recommendations? I'm a Scenarist/Creator author so have little experience of the pro-sumer end of authoring!

Cheers!

BG

Return to posts index

George Wing
Re: Low end DVD authoring software
on Mar 25, 2008 at 10:11:37 pm

User Friendly - Corel/Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus -- mostly template/wizard driven. Also has some "editing" functionality (and bonus "basic" HD Authoring). Corel also has VideoStudio 11 Plus -- which has more editing functionality and a basic Authoring module similar to MovieFactory.

Consumer level with full menu setup and navigational control -- Sony's DVD Architect Studio. It has some "automation", and is flexible enough to let the user have control over navigation and playback sequence.

There's also free solutions (really basic) such as DVDAuthorGui.

None of these are PC versions of Studio Pro...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]