FORUMS: list search recent posts

auto pause at the end of chapters

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benoit Pepin
auto pause at the end of chapters
on Mar 24, 2008 at 1:56:15 pm

I'm a beginner in video-related projects, and I need to do something that is not really usual.

I need to create a DVD that will pause at the end of each chaapter, waiting the play button to be pushed to continue on the next chapter. I know it's possible to do that cause I've already been working with DVDs working that way, but I don't know how to do that. I tried a few DVD authoring softwares, and the only logical way to do it I found was using final actions command, but non of the softwares I tried let me the choice to pause the video as final action.

Can somebody help me??

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: auto pause at the end of chapters
on Mar 24, 2008 at 5:58:36 pm

With DVDSP all you need to do is set the playback options WAIT to "infinite" on the marker BEFORE you want the pause. It will then pause when it reaches the nest chapter marker.

I have done this a couple of times and what I do is to but a marker 1 sec before I want the pause to happen, then set this new marker as stated above. Now may pause happens on the attended stop but a view still can chapter forward and my video would still pause unless they hit next chapter several times.

Return to posts index

George Wing
on Mar 25, 2008 at 12:07:28 am

Hi,

What software have you tried? Are you partial to a specific platform (PC or MAC)?

I'm not familiar with the Mac (so Michael has given you a start on how to do that with DVDSP). There could also be other tools/utilities that can add it to an existing dvd.

On the PC, you can do it from within some Authoring software (such as DVD Lab Pro), and there's also some post-edit tools such as PGCedit or DVD Remake Pro that take an authored DVD, and add the pauses afterwards.

Question is, would you ever need a "Play All" (without pauses), and the version that pauses after every chapter?

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

John Watts
on Mar 27, 2008 at 1:54:35 am

My first thought is to have the end action of the chapter call up the menu or submenu with the marker cued up to the following chapter. Then you are one click away from starting the next chapter.

If you don't want to see a menu, my second thought is that you could create a total black submenu with black text, buttons, etc..then have the end action go to that menu. Again you would be one click away from starting the next chapter.

Anyway...my two thoughts.

John Watts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]