FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best software for professional DVDs?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dionne Knapp
Best software for professional DVDs?
on Mar 21, 2008 at 5:11:28 pm

Hi! I was wondering what is the best professional program for creating/authoring DVDs. I want one that alows me to create my own motion backgrounds, chapters, buttons, subtitles etc... Most of the programs I've seen come with Templates of these- I don't want to be limited to templates-I want to be able to make my own. Does Encore or DVDit allow this? Or is there some other program? I don't mind a high learning curve. I'm a professional editor and recently I'm getting request from local companies outside of my regular job at the broadcast studio. Some of these are indie films and I don't want to give them some standard Broadcast menu.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Best software for professional DVDs?
on Mar 21, 2008 at 5:54:01 pm

An authoring tool will not be the place to design menus. For that you'll need photoshop, illustrator and compositing programs like After Effects or Motion.

Here's a good book to get you started:

http://tinyurl.com/3yq3sz

Return to posts index

Dionne Knapp
on Mar 22, 2008 at 12:03:11 am

I have all of those programs (Adobe CS3) except motion. Thanks! I'll get the book. What authoring program will allow the smoothest intergration of my projects?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Mar 22, 2008 at 3:14:46 am

I'm not to familiar with authoring tools on the PC side except Scenarist but I believe Adobe Encore will do you just fine for now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]