on Mar 20, 2008 at 1:23:38 pm

Good Morning Forum,

Excuse me if this question has been asked before or even recently but,

What in your opinion is the best DVD Authoring Software Based on:

1. Quality Output
2. Ease of Use
3. Price

respectively.

I ask this question because I am running into problems with Encore CS3 that I have no work around for.

thanks,
e

Return to posts index

eric jones
Re: The Best DVD Authoring Software
on Mar 20, 2008 at 1:27:49 pm

BTW - i am on a pc

thanks,
e

Return to posts index

Eric Pautsch
on Mar 20, 2008 at 7:04:11 pm

There is no Best. The best is whatever works for you - it all depends. What kind of problems are you having with Encore?

Return to posts index

eric jones
on Mar 20, 2008 at 8:06:59 pm

Welp, the biggest problem I'm having with Encore right now is that I have some menus created in Ps with animated backrounds created in AE, I have the menus set to loop forever and I have the buttons set to animate. The menu will loop once then after on the second pass the DVD stops. Sometimes while in the project during preview Encore may even crash.

Any Suggestions?

thanks,
e

Return to posts index

George Wing
on Mar 20, 2008 at 9:54:10 pm

Instead of the LOOP Number (leave it set as NONE), change the END-ACTION to be itself.

Or if you do use the Loop Number, make sure you don't have any OVERRIDES set (those "overrides" can cause problems sometimes due to misunderstandings on how they work).

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

eric jones
on Mar 21, 2008 at 2:22:07 pm

makes sense thanks - i'll try that

e

Return to posts index

Tuhin Dasgupta
on Jul 10, 2008 at 10:44:32 pm

What problems are you having with Encore?

I don't particularly like Encore even though I use it and produce DVDs that retails in stores in the UK. I am about to switch to Sonic's Scenarist with Cinevision but that's because the company I work for can afford it.

I think I have found the best setting in Encore...

For nice quality DVDs go for VBR 2 Pass and set the minimum to 4, the mid to 6 and the max to 9. Ensure you match the field Upper, Lower or Progressive to your original file. With this you will have a nice looking DVD.

If your issue is with MPEG2 file formatting and the above doesn't help then try Canopus's ProCoder software to create the MPEG2 file. You can then just use Encore or other authoring software just to make the final disc with or without menus. I've used Procoder since 2004 and it produces great MPEG2 files. In the past for a quick DVD I've used Ulead's DVD Workshop using the Procoder MPEG2.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]