FORUMS: list search recent posts

moving dvd menu buttons tracked to background-scripts?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Kouros
moving dvd menu buttons tracked to background-scripts?
on Mar 4, 2008 at 5:42:00 pm

Hi everyone ,after years of reading the forums is time for me to ask a question which has literally fried my brain,oh and thanks for any replies in advance. here it goes:

what i'm trying to do is to have DVD menu buttons that are motion animated(moving) throughout the menu and seem to be motion tracked by the background image.
I have filmed a friend with the chapter titles written on his face like such :

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n96/syeahskate/button-problem.jpg

i want the buttons to be the numbers of the chapters like in the link above. My initial idea would be to motion track in after effects every number to the motion of the face(which i'll use as the background on my dvd) and export with alpha channel 720x576 for every button i need individually.then import to the authoring program.

heres the hard part:
lets say i wanted the number buttons to only be visible when chosen in the menu.
since the face is moving from looking left to right and vice versa the numbers should be constantly moving slightly. every time i change chapter on the menu(like 3 going to 4) the authoring program must tell the button to reveal itself at a specific time and not from its start. e.g if i'm on the 02:16 of my menu then when the button is chosen it must show itself on its own 02:16 time so the tracking effect of the numbers to the face works.

So basically i need moving buttons made from movies with alpha channels that always know at what point in time they will show if used

i spoke to someone who says that has done this a few times with scripting in Maestro but unfortunately i cannot meet him to show me how, and i cannot find any useful maestro forums,links etc. i knew that i would have to use scripts which i know nothing about but i cant find any help to save my life.
i've read that apple bought maestro some years back and then made dvd studio pro (which also supports scripts)maybe it can be done there with scripts or patches or whatever?

i'm really open to any suggestions,modifications and hacks and i will use any program to do this i dont care.
And if you have any other ideas on how to make this effect work even if it doesn't comply with what i have written above i would be extremely happy to hear them. thanks again!

Nick Kouros

SYEAHSKATE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]