FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu Ray Software/Hardware

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Grosso
Blu Ray Software/Hardware
on Feb 20, 2008 at 5:34:29 am

Now that Blu-Ray has won the war I'm curious to know what people are using to author Blu-Ray discs. I am on a Mac Pro. Any Hardware/Software reccomendations?

--
Produce | Shoot | Edit
Take Two Visual Media
http://www.take2vm.com

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Blu Ray Software/Hardware
on Feb 20, 2008 at 2:37:03 pm

Adobe Encore is your only choice on a Mac at this point.

E

Return to posts index

Philip Johns
on Feb 23, 2008 at 2:26:10 pm

This does my head in considering that Apple is one of the backing companies for Blu Ray back in 2005...

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2005/mar/10blu-ray.html

Why would they then create DVD studio pro to support the authoring of HD-DVD and not Blu Ray? Seems like they were barking up the wrong tree!!

Philip Johns

Return to posts index

Philip Johns
on Feb 23, 2008 at 2:32:02 pm

Anyone know if DVDSP will be supporting Blu Ray in the near future? I have my first Blu Ray project coming up wthin the next few weeks and not sure of my options. I could go out and buy Encore DVD, but to be honest... I don't really want to!

If I'm running XP via bootcamp what's stopping me from authoring an output file using compressor (a H.264 I'm assuming??) and taking it into Windows XP and then using Roxio's DVDit Pro HD for a few hundred dollars (http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/dvdit/hd/)?

But yeah, really keen to know if anyone has the low down on when Apple is going to support Blu Ray authoring!

Philip Johns

Return to posts index

Max Kovalsky
on Feb 23, 2008 at 2:41:21 pm

DVDit does not accept AVC (h264) streams - mpeg2 only.

If you have to replicate, the only systems that can output accordingly are Scenarist and Blu-print.

Max
--
Author
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

Philip Johns
on Feb 23, 2008 at 10:39:22 pm

Well that's OK - thanks for letting me know what DVDit accepts. It could be an interim solution for me until they've upgraded DVD studio pro. At this point I don't need to replicate - there'll only be a handful of disks at a time as, frankly, I'd be the first production company in my area offering Blu Ray authoring.

Philip Johns

Return to posts index

Philip Johns
on Feb 23, 2008 at 11:12:56 pm

FYI I found out you can can output to replicate using DVDit.

Philip Johns

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Feb 24, 2008 at 9:20:42 am

Actually no...that portion of DVDit Pro is not prepared to output a proper CMF image for replication.

Return to posts index

Joao Barros
on Feb 25, 2008 at 12:21:28 am

So what software/hardware do you guys suggest for someone that needs to make BR dvd authoring, master it and send the master to the factory.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Max Kovalsky
on Feb 25, 2008 at 1:26:31 am

See above...
Scenarist and Blu-print are the only options right now.

Max
--
Author
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

Dennis Noel Gomez
on Feb 25, 2008 at 11:36:51 pm

Hi all,

I've just hit that blu-ray problem since before now, I've only been outputting to SD DVD, or HD DVD for shorter promo clips.

I'm a mac editor and I've heard that DVD SP 4 still can't support blu-ray (there's a "Blue Laser" disc media option in DVD SP 4 but i haven't tested it because i still don't have a Blu-Ray burner).

My macintosh doesn't have the windows OS installed in it, so I can't use "Scenarist" or "Blu-Print" which are the softwares you've suggested. I've googled my options for blu-ray software and found Roxio Toast® 8 Titanium, which is supposed to be able to author blu-ray discs. (I need to author the blu-ray disc with menu)
Is this true? Has anyone tested this software out along with a blu-ray burner?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dennis

Dennis Noel Gomez
In house video Editor
FourLeafFilms

Return to posts index

Max Kovalsky
on Feb 26, 2008 at 12:02:07 am

Toast only burns data Blu-ray discs.

Sorry to be blunt, but I suspect that lack of proper OS is by far the least reason why you can't use blu-print or scenarist.

Max
--
Author
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

Eric Pautsch
on Feb 26, 2008 at 1:54:47 am

Hi Dennis

Scenarist and Blu Print costs anywhere from 30K to 60K - not counting the encoder which can run you another 30K. Basically authoring a BD disc for replication will be in the hands of highly specialized developers and expensive equipment for some time to come.

E

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]