FORUMS: list search recent posts

90 Menu Buttons

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathie Brown
90 Menu Buttons
on Feb 15, 2008 at 5:29:51 pm

We have a client who wants to do a DVD for an awards banquest that will have as many as 90 short videos (one for each winner) and will require a menu button to call up each video. Has anyone done anything like this before and have any advice? We use Sonic DVD It Pro. Thanks much.

Return to posts index

Lucas Fazzary
Re: 90 Menu Buttons
on Feb 15, 2008 at 5:49:29 pm

You are going to need to make at least about 3 different menus. You cant have more than 36 buttons per menu.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 15, 2008 at 5:51:38 pm

Put it on a hard drive and play from there. DVD would be from hell for that sort of live show.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Tom Nelson
on Feb 18, 2008 at 6:49:13 pm

Yikes! Sounds like a long awards banquet. The way I would do this would depend on the way the meeting is run - if it's run by some hack with just a DVD player and a remote, the way I would do it would be to create just one track with a chapter marker where each recipient starts. you could put two seconds of black between each one, and the user could pause between each recipient if they needed to. They could skip chapters if they needed to as well. To manage everything I would suggest a series of menus that are ordered alphebetically, with each button jumping to that person's chapter.

I'd love to have more information about the meeting - are the segments going to be played back-to-back or with pauses between? How long are they?

Tom Nelson
Videographer/Editor
Essex Television Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]