Scene selection issues

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adrian kelaty
Scene selection issues
on Feb 12, 2008 at 3:44:24 pm

Hi there!

I had a client who has asked me for the following:

"If you select to watch any individual scene on the disc, once that scene finishes it should go back to the main menu as opposed to the next scene playing automatically"

I told him that this is an option which can only be acheived via programming the remote control of his dvd player. Is there any way that this can be encoded in the scene selection of a dvd menu?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

George W.
Re: Scene selection issues
on Feb 12, 2008 at 10:50:06 pm

This is certainly possible, but how it is accomplished will depend on the authoring package you are using.

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Trai Forrester
Re: Scene selection issues
on Feb 13, 2008 at 9:37:39 am

Hi Adrian,

iDVD is extremely limited; for instance, you can't even place precise chapters, only intersperse them occasionally in the movie by time interval. And there's no capability of individual Part of Title (Chapter) returns to the menu after they play. Heck, you can't even import Mpeg 2 video into iDVD.

You're going to need DVD Studio Pro to set up and program in what your client wants.

Really though, the idea of 'clients and iDVD' is pretty scary - you do plan to update soon? You knew that was coming, right? :-)

Best to you,

Trai

--
Trai Forrester
TFDVD Research Labs
DVD Verification.com
Entering 10 years of full-time, professional DVD Studio Pro troubleshooting and support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]