FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting specs from AVID Xpress Pro for creating a dvd in iDVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory Calvosa
Exporting specs from AVID Xpress Pro for creating a dvd in iDVD
on Feb 7, 2008 at 10:27:32 pm

Hi! Thanks in advance for you help. I’m just learning how to use Avid Express Pro 5.7 for PC and have hit a bump in exporting files for use in other programs.

The endgame is to burn a DVD, using iDVD, with a number of various video projects.

I am ready to export the video from my Avid Express Pro and have tried various settings already When I try to import the exported video into iDVD, it doesn't recognize the video.

I've tried Sorensen Squeeze and QT Reference and both create a separate audio and video file. When I try to play either video file on my Mac, I get an error message saying "The Movie File "Jane2128V012.475021E66.416470.mxf" cannot be found. Without this file, the movie cannot play properly." Where is that file? In an AVID folder somewhere on the PC that runs the Avid Express Pro software? Cam I burn it to disc and point these files to it?

Can anyone tell me what settings I should use to export the video from A.X.Pro so I can create a format that can be imported into iDVD?

Please help! Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Exporting specs from AVID Xpress Pro for creating a dvd in iDVD
on Feb 8, 2008 at 8:36:14 am

Needs to be QuickTime .Mov- uncompressed, DV or animation codec.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]