FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu hangs

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beth Cohen
Menu hangs
on Feb 7, 2008 at 9:29:44 pm

I'm working in DVD Studio Pro 4.0. When I play the dvd I'm building, everything works perfectly in the simulator. But when I burn it, only 4 of my 8 videos play great - they're each 2 minutes videos.

With the other four, each of which is 20 -40 minutes, when I click on the play button the menu stays on-screen for a long beat before it disappears. It's as thought it's "stuck", though the audio starts playing.

This is particularly problematic when I'm playing my 4x3 videos because the project is otherwise a 16x9 project. So when the menu stays up for this beat, you can see it getting all squashed before the black 4x3 screen appears and then the video (with proper 4x3 aspect ration) begins.

Any idea what is causing this delay in having he menu leave the screen once the video starts playing?

Return to posts index

Max Kovalsky
Re: Menu hangs
on Feb 8, 2008 at 2:52:46 pm

Does it happen an all players or just a specific one? Try playing the disc on at least two hardware and two software players.

It sounds like the player is taking its time to switch the decoder to 4x3 from 16x9. DSP discs sometime hang because they're jumping around to set and read registers before playing back video, but in your case it sounds like player related issue.

Max
--
Author
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]