FORUMS: list search recent posts

Epson Print CD with HP Printer?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Bernard
Epson Print CD with HP Printer?
on Feb 1, 2008 at 11:46:57 pm

I have scoured the net and have found a few others with this issue but no solution. Since the smartest people on the web are on CC I thought I'd give it a try here.

Until now I have used Epson Print CD software to print my DVDs. It's a very nice piece of software. The program that HP provides is inferior, and I also have a lot of projects created with the Epson software. So I would like to use the Epson software with my HP Colorsmart C5280 printer.

So far I can get the tray on the HP printer to activate but it prints like the image is 4" too high and to the left. In other words, I am only getting a small corner of the image on the blank DVD with about 90% of it white.

I suspect it's a proprietary thing - Epson has their software rigged to work only with Epson printers. But if anyone was any solution it would be great.

Alternatively can you recommend software that is good for printing DVDs and will work with all printers?

Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Epson Print CD with HP Printer?
on Feb 5, 2008 at 5:47:47 am

There is a an Adjust Print Position under File, not sure if you could to set for that much but you can give it a try.

Return to posts index

Bruce Bernard
Problem Solved!
on Feb 10, 2008 at 6:36:52 am

Hi Michael - thanks for the suggestion. I had read posts by others that they had tried that and couldn't get the image to move enough. My solution ended up being rather simple, however it probably won't work for everyone. I gave my HP C5280 to my daughter and bought an Epson RX680. From now on I'll only buy Epsons, at least until I decide to go with a Primera or something similar. The Epson Print CD program is far better than what HP porvides. That should be a lesson to the manufacturers that the software does factor into buying decisions.

Printers have become like razors, and the ink like blades. They are practically giving away the printers just to sell the ink. You can get the RX680 right now direct from Epson for $129 including shipping and some other free goodies they throw in. I even saw at Tiger Direct if you buy a digital camera at the same time they give you an additional $70 rebate.

The RX680 had some not too great reviews but I like it. It copies, scans, prints DVDs and has a duplexer to print 2-sided without feeding the paper back in. That's a nice feature not usually found on printers at this price. In fact, only a few years ago a printer with these features likely would have been $500-600.

I didn't intend this to be a printer review but it seems like a nice printer for anyone looking to print DVDs. I had used an Epson Stylus 960 previously, which did a nice job. The RX680 seems to be a nice replacement for that and saves a lot of space because I got rid of my scanner and document printer.

Return to posts index

Reg Genola
Re: Problem Solved!
on Jan 21, 2010 at 10:54:57 pm

I'd like to use this software with my HP D5460 to print directly to CD's. Your correct HP's software is lame. Any sugestions??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]