FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pioneer PRV-LX1 audio problems

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Terwilliger
Pioneer PRV-LX1 audio problems
on Jan 31, 2008 at 10:41:25 pm

I don't know if anyone has run into this before with the PRV-LX1 or knows if there is a way to fix it, but here is my situation: When I record the audio in Dolby Digital, I have received complaints that on some dvd players and computers people can't hear all of the audio. It may be voices missing or no audio at all! When I check these dvd's on my players, everything seems fine. I do have a surround sound system that I check with and for some reason there will be very low audio coming out of the center speaker with dvd's from the pioneer, but when I play "hollywood dvds" all the sound comes out of the center speaker, which seems to be the problem. Is there anyway I can change this with dolby digital on the pioneer, or is my only option to just record everything pcm and suffer some image quality loss?

Dusty

Return to posts index

Jean Coulombe
Re: Pioneer PRV-LX1 audio problems
on Feb 5, 2008 at 4:08:38 am

Hi what connection for the audio input are being used analog rca xlr or digital dv sdi we have 3 PVR-LX1 unit and never got this problem you have but it is very similar to a inverted polarity on analog audio cable got this problem once from a bad patch cable shorting the + and - and the result was that low frequency was softer and the voices are almost not audible.
And no there is no way of adjusting the audio setting of the dolby encoder on the pioneer

Return to posts index

Dustin Terwilliger
Re: Pioneer PRV-LX1 audio problems
on Feb 7, 2008 at 4:58:20 pm

Interesting, I never thought of that. We are using the xlr audio input, which comes from the 1/4 inch patches. That has to be the problem. I was going to abandon the dolby digital all together and just stick with pcm, but now I'll try to go direct to the pioneer instead of going through the patch to confirm. Thanks for the help!

Dusty

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]