FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Pro Authoring for BD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shanika
DVD Pro Authoring for BD
on Jan 18, 2008 at 11:56:19 pm

Reading so much about which authoring system to use for authoring Blue Ray DVDs, I'm wondering why not DVD Pro, which is supposed to do it. Couldn't I author it with DVD Pro and then burn it with Toast Platinum? I'm asking this because I need to buy BD Burner soon and I'm editing with FC Studio 2. Do you have any advice and suggestions.
Thanks
Dusan

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
Re: DVD Pro Authoring for BD
on Jan 19, 2008 at 2:48:32 am

Reading so much about which authoring system to use for authoring Blue Ray DVDs, I'm wondering why not DVD Pro, which is supposed to do it. Couldn't I author it with DVD Pro and then burn it with Toast Platinum

Nope, DVDSP will NOT author Blu-Ray. It will author HD-DVD. For an Intel Mac you probably want Encore CS3 which is part of Adobe Premier Pro CS3. It is no longer sold separately. If like me you are on a G5, you are out of luck. There is NO authoring solution for PowerPC Macs that I can find. Toast 7 & 8 can burn Blu-Ray data discs and I am using it for that.

By the way, the Panasonic SW-5582 works well in my G5. I bought it from OWC at macsales.com.

Good Luck,
Robert

Return to posts index

Jason Crawford
Re: DVD Pro Authoring for BD
on Feb 15, 2008 at 1:57:47 am

BD authoring is much more complex then DVD authoring as far as the "guts" go, that is only if you want seamless menus. You can actually use DVDit and a product by Ulead if you want basic old school menus (the ones we do now with DVD). All else is another story. There are three options: HDMV mode which is using 8-bit images and muxing them into the streams and also adding basic logic, such as simple animations. Then there is BD-J mode with is full Java coding. The 3rd option is a combo of HDMV mode and BD-J mode, a good example is the movie Cars. This uses both

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]