FORUMS: list search recent posts

In-store video screens.

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john isaacks
In-store video screens.
on Jan 17, 2008 at 8:51:24 pm

ok the company I work for has 4 locations across 3 cities, Having a total of 10 instore tv screens to display our own promo videos which I make.

The problem is everytime I make a new video I have to burn 10 new discs and distribute them to all the stores so the video can be played on every screen in each store.

I am wondering if there is some sort of machine we could buy that can hold all of the videos I create and play on each screen in the stores. and each time I make a new video just upload it to the machine?

Another feature I would lke if possible ( I dont believe this is possible on DVDs) is the ability to have an interface of all the available videos, then select any number of videos clips you would like to play and then loop those videos. like say there is 10 clips and we decide we want the screen to just loop through 2,4,and 7 today and tomorrow we decide we want to loop through 4,5,6 and 9. etc.

If anyone knows of any devices that may help me out that would br great thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: In-store video screens.
on Jan 18, 2008 at 4:19:39 pm

Sure you could buy a bunch of Mac Minis and go DVI to the monitors. It would take a bit of doing to get them onto the network but well worth it. I'd also get Apple Remote Desktop so you can also control all of the machines remotely.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Doug Masiuk
Re: In-store video screens.
on Mar 9, 2009 at 5:59:29 pm

Hi John

I saw this post and although many of these issues you may have already resolved at this time, I wanted to get in contact with you. I work with a company that has had developed a solution to connect and update videos played at offsite locations. If you have an interest in learning more please feel free to contact me.

My email is dougmasiuk@yahoo.com

Doug Masiuk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]