FORUMS: list search recent posts

crash with iDVD '08 and ProRes?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Escandon
crash with iDVD '08 and ProRes?
on Jan 16, 2008 at 8:21:38 am

I know I'm probably very unhip for using iDVD to burn DVD's instead of DVD Studio Pro - but in this instance it's a family DVD from a recent vacation and their new themes are just so darn cute!

Okay, with that aside - I tried for the first time today to encode a DVD from a ProRes standard def movie and every time it got to the part where it encoded the video it crashed. I tried burning an image, a DVD, doing a One Step or whatever - and it crashed it every time.

I was working in Final Cut and edited in HDV. When I was done I nested the sequence in a Pro Res SD timeline and rendered it out and this file is what I was trying to encode.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Is this a known issue or probably just something I did wrong? iDVD help says it's supposed to work with any format Quicktime supports. I'm up to date on everything, using Leopard on a Mac Pro.

I realized after all this that iDVD will down convert the HDV movie for me so I didn't even need to do the Pro Res downconvert from Final Cut. Still am curious about this problem though. Thanks

-Paul

Paul Escandon - Lead Editor @ Outdoor Channel
Producer | Director - Oremus Productions
http://www.oremusproductions.com
Apple Certified Trainer - Final Cut Pro
- -
Adjunct Professor of Media
John Paul the Great Catholic University

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]