FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDSP 101 Question

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walter Miale
DVDSP 101 Question
on Jan 15, 2008 at 2:55:26 am

What is the workflow for doing a menu with a background video and text-only buttons?

Do the titles in FCP5 w/ Boris over the video seq (or in Photoshop and import into the FCP seq), then export to QT, Compressor, and DVDSP4?

Then what? Drag the video (with text over) into the Menu Editor? Draw rectangles around the text that is to form buttons? Then how do i assign "selected" and "active" fx? Are there satisfactory preset fx for this?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: DVDSP 101 Question
on Jan 15, 2008 at 5:21:37 pm

Your workflow in fine. You can actually export straight to Compressor out of your timeline. I usually use a 1 Pass CBR bitrate of 6.8 - but thats just me. Once you have your MPEG2 file, import that into DVDSP and place it in your menu.

For your button you'll need to design an 8bit overlay and place this in your menu as well as an "overlay". This overlay can be adjusted to reveal your different button states.

Check out the manual or see this tutorial by Alex Alexander - it's for an older version of DVDSP but it's the same info:

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/alex_all_menus_dir/alex_all_menus.html

Eric

Return to posts index

Walter Miale
on Jan 15, 2008 at 7:53:05 pm

Thanks very much. The tutorial looks good. I'm concerned to get the best possible result, so I would think I should use a double pass, yes? However, I post a query regarding a possible problem with this in a separate thread.

Return to posts index

Eric Pautsch
on Jan 15, 2008 at 8:45:57 pm

It depends on your source material. 2 pass doesn't mean best quality it just means its a variable bitrate. Do a test on both and pick which one you like best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]