FORUMS: list search recent posts

AvidXP 5.7 to IDVD problems ... blocky images ..

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
swdocc
AvidXP 5.7 to IDVD problems ... blocky images ..
on Jan 10, 2008 at 6:37:37 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to make a DVD of a sequence (digitized at 1:1 NTSC, about 6 min. long). I export as a QT reference, at the highest quality, yet when I make a DVD with IDVD, the visuals get blocky when there is a lot a movement in the piece. The titles effects, graphics, all look crisp clean and great, just fast camera pans the picture starts to break up.

I've tried every varaition, every field order (on single field, things are fine BUT my titles look terrible).

Now my video format when I export is 720 X 540, on the boards I hear I should do it at 720 X 480, but does really effect the DVD and it's blockyness when the picture pans? I would love to know the answer to this ... and even know WHY it does this.

I'm new to the DVD burning game (Not to mention the mac game) so bear with me.

I'm running XP5.7 with my macpro. Here's my specs if that helps:

Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GH

thanks!

Return to posts index

Ron Leverett
Re: AvidXP 5.7 to IDVD problems ... blocky images ..
on Jan 23, 2008 at 3:56:54 pm

I too am having this problem: I export as a QT reference, at the highest quality, yet when I make a DVD with IDVD, the visuals get blocky when there is a lot a movement in the piece. The titles effects, graphics, all look crisp clean and great, just fast camera pans the picture starts to break up.

I am editing with MAC PRO computer FCP 6.02, the latest QT Pro.
Frustrated. Can't find much info

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]