FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating menu items in DVD Studio Pro

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chaimd
Creating menu items in DVD Studio Pro
on Dec 19, 2007 at 8:17:42 pm

Hey Max quick question here...

I have just started using DVDSP and I'm having difficulty figuring out to prepare the menu graphic in Photoshop so that I can make the menu items highlight on selection (or an arrow that appears when I select a menu item).

Would appreciate if you can please explain the process to me.

I notice the button options (esp. the color section) I'm guessing it's all there but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks, C

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Max @ Area 4
Re: Creating menu items in DVD Studio Pro
on Dec 19, 2007 at 8:33:54 pm

Save two files - one for the background, one with black highlights over white as TIFF or PICT. Bring them into DSP. Drop background on top of the menu, and set it as "background". Drop the other one on the same menu as set it as "overlays". Draw highlights around your buttons and set color in the property inspector of the button. DSP manual explains this process as well.

Max
--
Author
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

chaimd
on Dec 21, 2007 at 9:25:29 am

Hey Max,

Thanks for your help...

Two more quick questions. So I created three menu options pointing to three separate spots in the mpeg, how do I set where each show ends? (so that it doesn't continue into the next chapters specifically the bonus footage??)

I want one of them to end about 30 mins. into the program the other begins there and lasts 10 more minutes the last one goes to the ending..

Also I followed your directions and set up the menus, for some reason the arrows I created, one of them is always highlighted... I would want there to be none when you first launch the dvd, and only when you hover above one of them, then it should appear...

Hope you understand my questions.. Thanks a lot!!! c

Return to posts index

Alex Asp
on Dec 25, 2007 at 6:21:47 am

That would be a fundamental mistake if someone to play your DVD in a set-top player.
DVD is not Flash, and it does not have rollover/flyover functionality. DVD-Spec defines that the default button is always highlighted. You cold conceal your highlights if they are on a continuous color background setting Normal state to be the same color, but again it is not recommended.

Alex Asp/Solaris Digital Ltd.

Return to posts index

chaimd
on Dec 25, 2007 at 4:20:40 pm

Thanks Alex... I appreciate your help.

The last question I have, I have three seperate menu options (movie, bonus and slideshow) They're all laid out in the same timeline (I suppose that's what it's called) and I have chapter marks through out....

How would I insure that when someone selects movie, it will stop at the end without continuing into the bonus footage which comes after the movie in the mpeg? (how do I tell it that at the end of one of he chapter marks it should return to the menu? I guess that's my question)

Thanks again, Dan

Return to posts index

Max @ Area 4
on Dec 27, 2007 at 3:37:20 am

Select the marker on the track and set the end-jump in it's property inspector to your menu.

Max
--
Author
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]