FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray with Encore problem.... Change in Transcode settings?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PKinLA
Blu-Ray with Encore problem.... Change in Transcode settings?
on Dec 19, 2007 at 5:57:47 pm

A few months ago I had to deliver my first Blu-Ray disc to a client. After much research I was successful (see workflow below) Now need to make some changes for that client and although I used the same settings I'm getting different results.

Here are the pertinent details of the workflow: Super 16mm film transferred to DVCPRO HD orignated material. Mpeg2 copmression at 30 Mbps from Final Cut using compressor. I then used this asset in Encore which came in as not needing to be transcoded which was great because tests I ran showed that transcoded assets (which are bascially double-compressed right?) in Encore such as h.264 quicktimes came out highly inferior to ones that Encore didn't earmark for transcoding... especially for titles. Anyway... I was able to successfully author the disc and deliver to the client and I saved my Compressor settings for future Blu-Ray assets.

Flash forward a few months to now. The client made a few changes and now needs a new version of the Blu-Ray disc. I went through the exact same workflow using the same compressor settings for the 30 Mbps Mpeg-2 file. But now Encore earmarks the asset to be transcoded... no matter what I do!!??

I'm very frustrated and can't figure out what changed. I'm wondering if one of the recent updates to Encore changed the transcoding settings so that they're more agressive/inclusive? Has anyone out there had a similar experience?

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Rob Collins
Re: Blu-Ray with Encore problem.... Change in Transcode settings?
on Feb 13, 2008 at 9:02:21 pm

Did you get this resolved? I'm considering how to deliver an HD project and have heard mixed things about Encore on Mac.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]