I have a major problem with some data bluray discs that are reading intermitenly and I do not know why.
Here is the story, I have about 300 Bluray discs that i have burned quicktime movies onto. We are using these for archival purposes. I also have 3 Sony Bluray pc burners. These discs were burned using Roxio 9 and the media is Sony.
When trying to recover data from the discs, sometimes the disc will not read. I have read from the same disc for instance before and it was fine.
Here are my tests:
1. Try and read a disc that read before on Computer 1 No good
2. Try same disc on computer 2 (same image as 1) No good.
3. Try same disc on computer 3 (same image as 1) No good.
4. Try a completely different PC and it read. At this point I try another disc on this computer and it DID NOT read. Put the original test disc back into this computer and it did not read.
5. Try reading the disc on a Mac using the bluray drive in an external case and it did not read.
5. Burned another test disc (this time on a mac) and it read on all computers.
Not sure as to the problem as these discs worked in the past and there has not been a change to any computer.