FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture, Burn DVD, Print Labels, and Distribute Now ?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hap123
Capture, Burn DVD, Print Labels, and Distribute Now ?
on Nov 30, 2007 at 4:29:29 am

How can I capture an one hour event, then burn it to disc. label it, and distribute it an hour later, or sooner. Is it possible to capture an event, burn it to dvd, label it (on printable dvds) and have it ready for distribution an hour later or sooner? ? ? I have a duplicator which can burn several discs from the master. . . I am all ears . . . . can it be done ? ? ? . . . . how would you do it ? ? ?

Someone told me they when to this event, and at the end of the event they where selling video copies of the event.

I have a simiular task upcoming in several months. I know Sony have disc or Hard drive cameras that will record in Mpeg and burn to disc . . . is that the way to go ? ? ?

Thanks - Hap

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Capture, Burn DVD, Print Labels, and Distribute Now ?
by
on Nov 30, 2007 at 9:05:19 pm

How many copies are you talking about providing an hour after the event?

Get a good set top recorder and feed your signal into that. When complete finalize the disc and pop it into a tower duplicator that also prints. Google for info about duplication towers. They vary in prices and speed. You might be able to rent one a s well. The key to something like this is planning and preparation beforehand.

If your talking about menus then thats a different story and might take you a little longer but if your prepared for the workflow it won't add on too much time.

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Nov 30, 2007 at 9:07:00 pm

Just to add...I wish they started doing this more at concert venues.

Return to posts index

Max @ Area 4
on Nov 30, 2007 at 9:25:23 pm

One way to do it is to hook your live feed from the editor straight into a set-top DVD recorder. Then once the show is over it will have to finalize the DVD (10-20 mins), and you have your master. You could pop that into a 12-drive tower and copy, but that will too take 10-15 minutes. If you're going to sell those things on the spot, you have to make sure you have a damn good director minding the cameras. The way I've seen it done is putting the editor's feed to tape, showing the tape after show taking orders for the DVD. There's ALWAYS work to be done afterwards, even in the best case scenario (and it never is).

Max
--
Author
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

Max @ Area 4
on Nov 30, 2007 at 9:32:16 pm

Sorry for the redundant post. Didn't see Eric's answer.

Return to posts index

hap123
on Dec 1, 2007 at 12:39:33 am

Thanks for the insight, it not going to be easy, due to the fact that it involves an event with different speakers in different locations in the building, during the course of the day. Several of them would like to have their lectures recorded. The organizer has allowed it if it can be done.

Thanks - Hap

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]