FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disc does not match simulator

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drfngrs
Disc does not match simulator
on Nov 16, 2007 at 4:23:03 pm

I'm really lost on something.

I have built a dvd with several (over 10) menus, buttons and tracks. Each track has a prescript and endjump script so that when a video is done playing, it returns to same menu as before it played and highlights the next button on that menu.

In simulator, it works like a charm. However, after burning, I get different result from different dvd players. For example: on a standard dvd player, when the video ends, it does not return to any menu, instead it plays a video that's not even from the same menu as the prev video.

Or on WinDVD, when the video is done, the dvd just stops. No menu or video. Then when I hit the menu button, it goes to a totally non-related menu from the video that just played.

Is there some sort of stop i need to be using on the tracks? It's just an odd situation.

the endjump script is as follows:
1. div GPRM 0, 32
2. mul GPRM 0, 32
3. mov GPRM 1, SPRM 8
4. div GPRM 1, 1024
5. add GPRM 0, GPRM 1
6. Jump indirect GPRM 0

I appreciate an help you can offer.

Return to posts index

msacci
Re: Disc does not match simulator
on Nov 16, 2007 at 5:58:10 pm

Why not keep your script simple.

Each track has a play script that set the GPRM 0 to a different value (mov, immediate)
All the tracks end jump to another script that has compares set up.
If GRPM 0 = 1 jump to menu x button a
If GRPM 0 = 2 jump to menu x button b

Return to posts index

Drfngrs
on Nov 16, 2007 at 7:38:54 pm

I got that script from audiovideoproducer.digitalmedianet.com. I can't say that truly understand what everything means in these scripts so I didn't want to make the problem any worse than it already is.

Return to posts index

msacci
on Nov 17, 2007 at 12:10:32 am

Don't think you can get any worse than not working.

Duplicate the project file and try a simpler script. It is hard to fix what you don't understand, I don't under what you have got there. (I'm not a scripting expert but I have always been able to get it to do what I need) Seem like you can just have each Video track set the same GPRM to a different value with a prescript and then one end jump script to compare that value and jump to the menu and highlight button you want.

Return to posts index

Max @ Area 4
on Nov 17, 2007 at 12:28:10 am

I totally agree with what's been said. I work in Scenarist, and it's ALL about scripting. If you're not sure what a template script is supposed to do, do not use it. There's simply no way for you to trouble shoot it. Set up your own scrips at suggested -- set your GPRM 0 to x in track prescripts, then set all end jumps to a single script that checks for that GPRM 0, sets highlights and jumps to appropriate menus. We can't help with what you got -- first, dividing and multiplying by 32 is redundant, second we have no idea where your GPRM 0 is set and what it represents.

Max
--
Author
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]