FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anamorphic recognised by the dvd player ?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lars Beyer
Anamorphic recognised by the dvd player ?
on Nov 10, 2007 at 9:33:08 am

Hi, I am new to dvd encoding/ authoring and I have difficulties in understanding how
anamorphic 16/9 video is interpreted by dvd players, and DVD STUDIO PRO..

I work in SD PAL, and when I encode my video flagged as 16/9 (I export from FCP with the anamorphic 16/9 checkbox checked in sequence settings) I have noticed that it gets cropped to 720x480 instead of 720x576, when I encode it in Compressor, which I don

Return to posts index

msacci
Re: Anamorphic recognised by the dvd player ?
on Nov 10, 2007 at 6:37:34 pm

Sounds like you are using an NTSC setting somewhere, which is why you are seeing the "420"

Where is it getting cropped, after compressor? make sure you are using or making a PAL preset.

16:9 in all SD video has the same pixel count as 4:3 just a different shape. 16;9 is 1.2:1 vs 4:3's 0.9:1.

So as long as you start with a 16:9 timeline in FCP, use a preset that has the aspect ratio set to 16:9 in compressor, when you drop it into a track in DVDSP it will be 16:9. The only other thing you need to set is how it will be viewed on a 4:3 set (Letterbox or pan&scan, using letterbox is more of the standard) When done correcting the player does NOTHING to the video when the player is set for 16:9 TV but does something when the player is set for a 4:3 TV.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]