FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hotlinks

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd at Fantastic Plastic
Hotlinks
on Nov 8, 2007 at 6:18:02 pm

Hi Gang...

For give the intrustion (I've never been on the DVD forum before) and the cross-posting, but I have an issue... sorry if this has been covered before, as I said I usually haunt other COW forums.

I'm simply trying to add a hotlink to a DVD menu page, that would take the viewer (of course assuming they are viewing the disc on a computer) to a webpage.

A little bit of research told me that I needed to use "eDVD" in conjuction with my authoring software (in my case, Encore) to add the link.

However, it looks like eDVD is no longer available, and instead I was directed to DVDit Pro 6 and/or DVDit Pro HD, which supposedly now included such capabilities. Well, a few hundred bucks and a big download later, the DVDit Pro HD documentation says I STILL need eDVD to do what I want... and the PDF manual includes an eDVD link. BUT, the link takes me right back to the page to purchase DVDit Pro 6 and DVDit Pro HD... the exact same thing i just bought! (with no mention of eDVD).

Am I nuts? Any ideas?

Much thanks,

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Max @ Area 4
Re: Hotlinks
on Nov 8, 2007 at 6:22:17 pm

I'd call Sonic, but I think they discontinued it. It never quite worked as intended and got a lot of people (myself included) into trouble. As is stands now, there is no way to link to a site from a DVD. There's DVD@ccess from Apple, but it has the same, even more serious compatibility issues.

Max
--
Author
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
on Nov 8, 2007 at 10:01:07 pm

Thanks, Max...

Yeah, I finally got some techie on the phone there who said "Ummm, yeah, the functionaity of that feature is no longer supported."

Nor do they have any other products that do what I need. Nor did anyone else that he knew of. I told him I was pretty sure that I was not the only one who needed to do this, and he said, "Oh yeah, I get this call all the time."

Oh well... at least they offered me my money back on my newly-purchased yet unneeded copy of DVDit HD Pro.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

lukeny
on Nov 9, 2007 at 12:19:15 pm

You could try Intellidisc. http://www.intellidisc.com/

You can get a demo from the site too. Pretty cool program from what testing I've done with it.

-luke

Return to posts index

Adam Bolt
on Apr 4, 2008 at 12:06:47 pm

Hi.
I found this thread while trying to answer the same question about web links and just wanted to add that I did find a free download for a trial version of eDVD4 here:
http://www.softlookup.com/download.asp?ID=82102'>
http://www.softlookup.com/download.asp?ID=82102
Be warned - the link has lots of annoying pop ups but the download from the 1st mirror did work ok with seemingly no viruses.

I have installed and tried to add an Encore project to eDVD. The problem I have had is that InterActual player does not work resulting in an error message when I select the VIDEO_TS folder while creating the project. SO for me this has been no solution, you may find different.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]