FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lower Part of Field Twitches

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aurien
Lower Part of Field Twitches
on Oct 20, 2007 at 12:35:33 pm

I hope someone has an idea what is happening.

I have a 42 minute film prepared in M100 complete and dropped the film into project in DVD Studio Pro with menus and chapters. I got a good burn and all was well but for some minor edits. After combing out these minor nits, before I could go into production, my Mac G4's DVD burner gave up the ghost and had to be replaced. I had a Pioneer DV-RW DVR-112D installed into my G4 using the IDE slot where the earlier drive sat. Using PatchBurn 3.1.7, we ovecame the older system's reluctance to use a newer drive.

But since then, every disk I burn has the same problem: the lower 20% of the screen twitches to the right intermittently.

I tried burning from DVD Studio Pro, then created a .img file and tried Toast Titanium and Dragon Burn instead, even trying a much slower burn rate than usual, but everything looks the same. Is it possible the drive is faulty?

Ideas, suggestions, sympathy?
Aurien

Return to posts index

Max @ Area 4
Re: Lower Part of Field Twitches
on Oct 20, 2007 at 5:52:42 pm

I highly doubt it's the drive, because if it dropped data packets in the process of burning it would be random, not a consistent area of the video. But the only way to really find out is to take that IMG and burn it on another system.

Max
--
Author
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]