FORUMS: list search recent posts

16X9 playback fr a SD DVD player?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hughes
16X9 playback fr a SD DVD player?
on Oct 10, 2007 at 4:09:39 pm

Does a stand-alone SD DVD recorder exist that has an HD SDI, HDMI, HDV-firewire or HD-firewire input?

If yes, and I'm dubbing from the F70 XDCAM HD deck to that burner (and I know I�d need a converter box if I�m going to HDMI or firewire), will it preserve the 16X9 aspect ratio on the DVD, and fill the screen (no letter box whatsoever)?

Put differently, If I'm dubbing from an F70 XDCAM HD deck to a stand-alone DVD burner, is there any possible way to preserve the 16X9 aspect ratio on the DVD?

With the F70, if I dub to a standalone DVD composite-out to composite-in, it dubs 4X3 (specifically 4X3 letterboxed top and bottom). If I dub firewire out to firewire in, it dubs the same, 4X3 (the firewire-out on the F70 is a DVCAM-out, it is not HD).

You can add a firewire plug-in to the F70 that enables HDV-out. So if I used that output or the HD SDI output, and went through a box that could change the output to HDV, HD firewire or HDMI, is there any possible way to preserve the 16X9 aspect ratio filling an HD screen during playback?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: 16X9 playback fr a SD DVD player?
on Oct 10, 2007 at 8:18:51 pm

Good question- haven't ever seen one. I'd capture to a Kona card and then burn the DVD manually. Much better image quality/versatility.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, Apple Color and now the HVX200!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Max @ Area 4
Re: 16X9 playback fr a SD DVD player?
on Oct 11, 2007 at 1:02:47 am

Best solution I have for you is this: find someone who speaks Japanese to order a BDZ-V9 from Sony in Japan. It's a Blu-ray standalone recorder that will take your 16x9 HDMI and burn Blu-ray discs. You'll get all three - hardware encoding, 16x9, and HD picture.

Max
--
Author
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]