FORUMS: list search recent posts

authoring software

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marguu
authoring software
on Oct 9, 2007 at 2:22:54 am

Wondering if I can get some advice about authoring software. I have a dvd label that is distributed nation-wide. I do the editing on final cut on a macbook pro, and then have the title authored elsewhere. I'm interested in buying and learning a professional authoring system, for the mac, obviously. Any suggestions about software, and also once I get the system I'd like to take a class/course to learn it. I'm based in Los Angeles. Any suggestions welcome!

Lynne

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: authoring software
on Oct 9, 2007 at 4:55:11 am

Well if you have Final Cut you already have DVD Studio Pro- easy.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, Apple Color and now the HVX200!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Oct 9, 2007 at 5:58:41 am

DVDSP is your only real option for professional results on the Mac. Look into Video Symphony or Moviola for training in LA

Return to posts index

marguu
on Oct 9, 2007 at 9:15:23 pm

Thanks, I'll look into it. DVD studio pro isn't really acceptable for professional reproduction, we've had problems with dvds authored on that. I thought video symphony was gone, they must have moved.

Return to posts index

marguu
on Oct 9, 2007 at 9:55:35 pm

What about professional authoring systems for a pc?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 9, 2007 at 11:20:39 pm

Ha- you'd be surprised how many DVDs you've probably bought from Hollywood that were authored with DVD Studio Pro. Like really, really surprised. But if you want to go blow $25K on Scenarist on a PC just to feel a little more pro- that's what it takes.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, Apple Color and now the HVX200!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Oct 10, 2007 at 12:11:02 am

Yeah...not sure where,when or how you had problems with DVDSP but it puts out a pretty spec complaint build (or at least it does now).

Scenarist is the only other option you have - hope you have deep pockets! :)

Here's the website for VS

http://www.videosymphony.com/index.php

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Oct 10, 2007 at 12:15:38 am

Forgot to add....you could couple DVDSP and AfterEdit. This will allow you you to wipe out the abstraction layer DVDSP codes. Your discs won't be anymore spec complaint but will speed up functionality. However, you'll need to know know spec level coding for DVD - more that can be learned in a VS class.

Return to posts index

marguu
on Oct 10, 2007 at 12:51:53 am

Thanks all. I talked to the tech guy at my replication facility, he agreed with you that DVD Studio Pro should be fine. It seems the problem lay with the authorer, not the software! So I'm going to proceed with DVDSP. Deep pockets? I haven't even got any pockets anymore!!!!!

Lynne

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]