FORUMS: list search recent posts

44.1khz audio to DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane
44.1khz audio to DVD
on Sep 26, 2007 at 8:30:56 pm

Im creating a DVD with animations ive made with Cinema 4D. The audio is all 44.1kHz. Right now, the animations are uncompressed avi's. When I use TMPGEnc to encode them to mpeg2, the audio goes up to 48khz and sounds horrible.

Is there a way to get the 44.1khz audio to a DVD while keeping the quality? Ive tried 128kbps, 384kpbs, etc, and nothing works. It all sounds horrible.

Im using TMPGEnc plus to encode, and TMPG DVD Author to create and burn the DVD.

Return to posts index

eric
Re: 44.1khz audio to DVD
by
on Sep 26, 2007 at 9:56:40 pm

DVD only supports 48k. Since it has a higher sample rate it should sound the same. Convert to 48k before using TMPGEnc

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 26, 2007 at 10:10:04 pm

What is the source- if say for example it's an MP3- get the original CD with the rights or find better audio. Nothing's worse than bad audio.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and now Apple Color!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Shane
on Sep 26, 2007 at 10:15:49 pm

Eric, I'll try and convert to 48khz before using TMPGEnc and see what happens.

Noah, all the original audio that I used was in wav and mp3 format at 44.1khz stereo. It sounded great, but after encoding to mpeg2, it sounds horrible.

I'll reply back later after I encode the audio over to 48khz. Perhaps thats all I needed to do before encoding to mpeg2.

Return to posts index

Shane
on Sep 26, 2007 at 11:59:31 pm

Ok, I used Premiere to export the audio track as a uncompressed wav at 48khz. I still encountered the same problem. It almost sounds like all the low tones are gone, and there is a lot of digital noise.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 27, 2007 at 1:55:04 am

MP3 is really not a viable source for DVD audio. Get a better source or live with bad audio.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and now Apple Color!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]