FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Creation/Authoring Software Suggestion

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AnimeNiac
DVD Creation/Authoring Software Suggestion
on Sep 25, 2007 at 7:01:03 pm

I have SONY Vegas 5+DVD, so it has DVD Architect 2 (I believe), running on a Dell Dimension 8100, P4HT, 4gig Shared DDR, dual 7200rpm SATA drives (160GB & 220GB) with Win XP Pro.

My problem is, I want to do a seamless animated title/menu for DVDs, but the software is very limited. The most you can do with DVD Architect is make a looped animation running in the background with static icons linking to the various parts of the menu or videos on the disc. It also won't recognize double-layer drives and DVDs, so I can't take advantage of the 8+ gig discs (I have a Memorex double-layer DVD-RW-/+ drive).

What I want to do is like the intro animation of many of the newer DVDs that come out where it's an animation with music/sound that flows right into a menu format, then stays there with a looped animation and music until a viewer selects something. Then, it animates from that menu to either another menu or to the video you select to view.

Is there a good, consumer-priced WYSIWYG software package that will give me the results I'm looking for? I just want something that'll replace the DVD Architect, I'm quite satisfied with the video editing and file creation abilities of SONY Vegas. My problem is making a great presentation when making a DVD for normal DVD player playback.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good application that will do what I'm looking for without it breaking my bank? I can't afford anything over $500 (total cost, including applicable taxes, shipping/handling, etc.) Something that's sold in many software stores like CompUSA or in places like B&H Photo/Video in New York City would be great.

~AnimeNiac

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]