FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using sound effects and other interactive material in menu design

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FischTale
Using sound effects and other interactive material in menu design
on Sep 24, 2007 at 8:50:18 pm

I have a client who wants to emulate one of their old websites with a DVD I'm designing right now. The website had a list of links, and as you moved the mouse over each one a sound effect would play and a video clip in a matte would change to the highlighted item.

Can I duplicate that effect in a DVD menu? I use both DVDSP and Adobe Encore for authoring. I can't think of a way to have a sound effect play and a video play without the viewer having to make a selection. He wants it to happen when they simply move button highlight around on the screen.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Using sound effects and other interactive material in menu design
on Sep 24, 2007 at 11:47:40 pm

Unfortunately web design- especially mouse-overs and spot sound effects and many Flash style fx- simply do not translate to DVD design because there is no support for them in the spec. DVD players are far less capable of this sort of thing than the average web browser.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and now Apple Color!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Max @ Area 4
Re: Using sound effects and other interactive material in menu design
on Oct 2, 2007 at 2:10:52 am

You can't do it easily in DVD - you'd have to set up different menus for each of your links to emulate the look and sounbd you're after. To do this in DVDSP, make each button an auto-action that links to another menu with that sound and animation. It will be pretty sluggish, though, but it CAN be done. You could do it seamlessly in Blu-ray, but you'd need Scenarist HDMV to achieve it.

Max
--
Author
Area 4
New York

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]