FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please Help Me 30p to DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
videovideo
Please Help Me 30p to DVD
on Sep 22, 2007 at 8:50:53 am

Greetings ye Sages.

I have read and reread "30p in final cut pro: is it worth it"? onthe cow which has been a touchstone and have searched cow among other sites, and am at my wits end. Thank you in advance. This project is due now.

1. newest mbp
2. 30 min multicam edit
3. captured footage first as interlaced, then a second time as progressive -- both 29.97 ntsc
4. now using progressive captured footage
5. sequence settings-- field dominance set to none
4. qt compression settings set to progressive

I should note that before exporting I rendered the sequence to "full" so there are 2 grey lines at the top of the timeline
I should also note that both the interlaced and progressive capture was at frame rate 29.97 I did not play around with 30 fps

I have tried the following:

1. using export to quicktime current settings (field dom none, qt settings at progressive)not as a self contained movie to idvd
2. using export to quicktime custon settings field dom none , qt compression interlaced not as a self contained movie to idvd

Same thing with both tests-- first- there is alot of artifacting happening on the black in the video, meaning that you can see movement of pixels (?) in the black areas of the video. There are what I believe is called interlaced comb on the outside of people's bodies.

On the TV it looks very good. but on my computer (progressive, right?) it looks quite awful.

3, export into compressor mpeg 2 , 2 pass, I did not adjust the bit rate-- would this help? into dvd studio pro and the results were surprisingly worse.

Please, any help would be apreciated. I hope someone is looking on the cow at 2:40am on a Saturday morning.

All the Best,

vv

Return to posts index

videovideo
Re:pardon me I moved this post to Final Cut Pro Forum, my apologies
on Sep 22, 2007 at 9:42:20 am

sorry I knw this is not correct to do but this might be more suited for FCP forum. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]