FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP/DVD studio pro autoplay on 'vista' PC computers

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Goatfoot
FCP/DVD studio pro autoplay on 'vista' PC computers
on Sep 20, 2007 at 4:48:45 pm

I am using FCP6/DVD Studio Pro and need to make auto-play DVDs (no menu) to play on DVD player for closed-circuit TV system (not a public channel) for a large gated community. Also want these DVDs to auto-play on new 'vista' PC and MAC computers. Where or what books or other sources will explain this in step-by-step manner? I'm sure there are settings in Studio that I need to look at and do. DVDs right now play on some players but not play on others. Some players I can load but have to press stop and play to get DVD to play. Different brands probably play differently and DVD/VCR combos usually do not play my DVDs. The cheaper the player the less problems playing. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: FCP/DVD studio pro autoplay on 'vista' PC computers
on Sep 20, 2007 at 7:11:39 pm

You just found out that not everything in the world of DVD plays by the rules laid out in the DVD Spec, particularly when it comes to software players. According to correct DVD authoring practice, all you need to do is to point the First Play item to the program material you want to play automatically when the disc is inserted in the player. Whether that happens depends on what is playing the DVD and, to a lesser extent, what software authored the disc.

Unfortunately, it is difficult or impossible to author around a player that does not respond correctly to the programming on the DVD.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]