COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dr_jimit
HELP. Making lossless DVD from only VOB files on HDD
on Sep 17, 2007 at 6:33:06 am

Hello friends,
I am new to this wonderful forum,

I had 2 college function DVDs,
I had copied video_ts folder to Hard disk.

But my brother has deleted all extra files like ifo , bup due to low space [probably a friend told him they r of no use except vob]

so the folder contains only .Vob files with full (2-3hr eachdvd) video and AC3 5.1 audio, [there were no subtitles or extras on original DVD]
And i have no access to original DVDs.

Now when i try to put them on nero = new dvd video = it shows error, and if u force, it makes only data DVD on DVD player, from which i have to choose vob files to play. no chapter/skip etc.

If i use nero vision, it re-encodes whole video with loss of quality,
Smart encoder is not smart enough and it re-encodes to fit it on dvd.

i used ulead video studio 10 demo, but it does the same, and its disk creator wont allow vob files of more then 120 min on 1 DVD5.

Now PLEASE anyone suggest me How can i use this VOB files [only vob] back to dvd with full lossless quality without re-encoding [as its already compromised]

I dont want fancy menu, just a plain menu for selecting tracks, or even no menu will suffice for me.

Please help me,
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Jimit N. Vadgama

Return to posts index

eric
Re: HELP. Making lossless DVD from only VOB files on HDD
by
on Sep 17, 2007 at 5:02:57 pm

Sorry to tell you this but your brother did you a great disservice by trashing those .ifo and .bup files. These files are required for playback...gotta love family :)

You must extract the original streams from the Vob files. I use MPEGStream Clip for this. Then reauthor using whatever tool you like. I just hope you can extract the streams without the ifo files

http://www.squared5.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]