FORUMS: list search recent posts

using XDCAM to create a standard DVD in DVDSP

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shooter55
using XDCAM to create a standard DVD in DVDSP
on Sep 14, 2007 at 4:16:22 pm

I'm working with XDCAM1080i footage, and my goal is to get it on a DVD that will play in many different types of DVD players. The video also includes graphic elements. My workflow is not giving me the best quality and I don't know where I'm falling short. I use FCP and DVDSP. So far I've been editing on FCP in an XDCAM 1080i sequence (that matches the footage I'm bringing in) Then I add graphics from After Effects. I then nest that edited sequence into an uncompressed 8bit NTSC sequence. I export that standard definition sequence uncompressed. I import it to DVDSP, create the custom DVD, and burn it. The issue is that the quality isn't as good as it could be. It's not bad, but sometime it looks like the footage isn't running at the right frame rate. It's more noticeable when the camera pans or with graphcis. What is the right workflow? I've been trying for months, and constantly researching, but I'm really not progressing much. I need help!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: using XDCAM to create a standard DVD in DVDSP
on Sep 14, 2007 at 8:04:35 pm

Sounds like your workflow is ok- you should be using Compressor to make the MPEG-2.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and now Apple Color!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]