FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD STUDIO PRO playback issues

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
KJkj52485
DVD STUDIO PRO playback issues
on Sep 13, 2007 at 8:58:27 pm

Hey all,

I'm trying to author a dvd using DVD studio pro and am having some problems. I burn the dvd successfully and re-insert it into my mac and it plays back just fine. But when I put it into a stand alone DVD player, the player isn't able to read it. It says that it is an unknown disk. I'm sure it's a simple option that I have clicked incorrectly. Can someone please offer any amount of advice?

Thanks,

Kirk

Return to posts index

machre
Re: DVD STUDIO PRO playback issues
on Oct 24, 2007 at 12:07:52 pm

In your VIDEO_TS folder, that was created when you built
the project from DVD Studio pro, are there any files called
.layout and .lay??
If so, delete those and burn the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS again
onto a DVD. Try now, it might work.

Return to posts index

beshagpoor
on Nov 8, 2007 at 2:58:40 pm

What does deleting the .layout file do?? I'm just curious. I'm having a similar issue with a project that I did for a client. They want maximum playability. The DVDs seem to play just fine on DVD players that have been made within the last couple of years, but they don't play very well, if at all, on DVD players that are several years old.

bE

Return to posts index

Max @ Area 4
on Nov 8, 2007 at 3:07:06 pm

Layout files tell DVDSP's pre-mastering engine if it's a DVD 5 or 9 and if 9 where the layer break is. Keeping or deleting them files won't make much difference, and if you're burning out of DSP, it won;t include them on the disc anyway.

This may be surprising, but there are still players out there that will not play DVD-Rs, only pressed DVD-Video discs, which is a different beast.

Max
--
Author
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

beshagpoor
on Nov 8, 2007 at 3:36:13 pm

So, if I have a Dual-layer DVD, and I delete the .layout file inside the VIDEO_TS folder, will it still play or will said DVD player not know where the layer break point will be?

Again, just curiuos.

All the best,

bE

Return to posts index

Gambit26
on Oct 30, 2007 at 1:05:45 am

Which DVD burning software did you use?

ManOne Productions Ltd.

Return to posts index

beshagpoor
on Nov 9, 2007 at 8:37:54 am

I use DVD Studio Pro. Essentially, I've never done mass duplication of DVDs before, so I'm new to the game. I created a set of DVDs out of DVD Studio Pro and gave them to the client for duplication.

The client tells me that they've tested some of the duplicates that they've made from the copies that I made, and they're not playing on some machines.

I have a friend that tells me that what they should've done is sent what I gave them to get mastered to a "glass" print so the duplications could be made from that. I'm a novice of course, so I have no clue what any of this means.

Lemme know,

bE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]